Our client, a growth-oriented manufacturer and distributor of consumer and industrial products, is seeking a Director of Engineering to join their team. Reporting to the CEO, this position will lead process development, new product development/ introduction, and technical support for production operations across two facilities. Responsibilities also include; managing the technical/engineering team, overseeing department budgets, and quoting for new processes and products. There will be a heavy focus on developing formal processes and product development systems, improving speed to market, and creating a continuous improvement culture.
- Provide strategic direction for the department overall leadership to employees, successfully motivating, coaching, mentoring and developing personnel.
- Lead development of new processes and service offerings, enhancement of existing processes, and provide technical expertise and support to manufacturing.
- Help identify potential bottlenecks and optimize processes to meet customer demand and improve efficiency. This includes driving Continuous Improvement/Lean strategies through the organization.
- Work across multiple departments to ensure a timely and coordinated design process and smooth transition to manufacturing, resulting in high quality products.
- Increase the focus on product development speed to market, prototype delivery, quality, and safety.
- Create, establish, and implement proven product development processes and systems to ensure timely launch of new products.
- Work with customers throughout the design process to help determine specifications
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements and quality standards.
- Responsible for employee evaluations, discipline, and continuing employee development to help ensure a versatile work force.
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment, including 3 years or more in an engineering leadership role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or chemical engineering (or related).
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a background driving change.
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial approach to drive goals and growth plans through the organization.
- Practical knowledge of stamping, coating/painting, spraying, and/or printing processes.
- Proven background implementing systems and processes such as Stage Gate, Waterfall, etc.
- Design of Experiment (DOE) and FMEA knowledge as well as lean manufacturing principles.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus, comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to shape and mold company strategy. For consideration, please click the "Apply Now" button above, upload your resume and fill out the brief application, which includes your contact info, ideal position, target location, and salary preferences. You can also bookmark our site to stay up to date on future opportunities.