Our client, a global manufacture of innovative consumer products, is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to join their product development team. The Mechanical Design Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering and be responsible for design efforts in both sustaining engineering and new product and technology development. This will include working with global engineering teams on various projects.
- Development of complete product designs, models, production drawings, and prototypes.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for new products and technologies
- Conduct complex engineering calculations & experiments to test, prove, or modify concepts based on research findings. Provide recommendations regarding project plans and technical hurdles.
- Determine feasibility and viability of concepts, taking into account product marketability, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Work with Quality to define problem areas and implement product improvements as needed.
- Interact with Sales & Marketing on engineering design questions and concerns
- Work with vendors concerning parts they supply or propose to supply to company
- Coordinate and communicate, as needed, with internal groups including Purchasing, Quality, Sales, and Operations
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Requires 3-7 years of robust product design experience with mechanisms,
- Project leadership experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks or similar)
- Ability to travel up to 20% if necessary
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits package. For consideration, please click "Apply Now" and upload your resume. You can also register to receive updates about future opportunities.