Our client, an industry leading manufacturer based in the Cincinnati area, has an immediate need for a senior level Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer. With a heavy focus on new technology research & development, this position will report to the Vice President of Engineering and be responsible for leading electronic design efforts from concept to production for new and existing products,
- Responsible for comprehensive engineering design concepts and review of challenges and cost alternatives for new products and technologies. Assigned projects may include the design and development of motor & solenoid controls, sensors, power management, etc.
- Performs design work including researching data, conducting feasibility studies, and determining design criteria. This could include prototyping and testing of electronics.
- Prepares project documents for design review, including technical specifications cost estimates and development timelines. Reviews and checks engineering drawings, plans, computations, estimates and reports for completeness, accuracy, and soundness.
- Work in close coordination across Engineering, Quality, and Marketing/Sales and other inter-departmental personnel to resolve problems to maintain production and manufacturing.
- Implement use of new technologies, cost saving techniques, alterative components/materials, and improved manufacturing practices where applicable. Expand R&D capabilities such as IoT platform development.
- Work with global engineering team to assist in specification and development of organization wide power management/supply platform.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Requires 5 to 10 years of experience in electronic product development to include hardware design of electronic & motor controls, sensors, and embedded microprocessors. Experience with Assembly and/or C language is a plus.
- Experience with circuit testing & debugging using oscilloscopes, voltmeters, etc. Also requires circuit prototyping / construction experience.
- Requires outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to impact the direction of electronic product development for the company. For consideration, please click the "Apply Now" button above, upload your resume and fill out the brief application, which includes your contact info, ideal position, target location, and salary preferences. You can also bookmark our site to stay up to date on future opportunities.