The Vice President Sales reports to the CEO/President. The Vice President of Sales will be accountable for the profitable achievement of sales organizational goals, aligning sales objectives with business strategy and fostering close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales channel’s efficient operation and success. The Vice President Sales is responsible for the direction and management of all sales and business development operations, including competitiveness, development of new channels, pricing, distribution and channel strategy. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation and sales promotion design and administration.
- Developing and executing domestic and international sales plans and achieving sales goals.
- Defining sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identifying improvements where and when required.
- Managing key accounts and dealers across all markets, through the assignment of territories, maintaining contracts and all exhibits and policies.
- Developing direct sales business by actively managing key accounts and direct sales force.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with key accounts and teaching institutes at all functional levels.
- Leveraging Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to support the success of cross/up-selling activities.
- Monitoring customer, market and competitor activity and providing feedback to company management.
- Managing key customer relationships and participating in closing strategic opportunities.
- Educating dealers about product portfolio and complimentary services offered.
- Addressing dealer related issues, sales conflicts and pricing issues in a timely manner.
- Managing sales pipeline, forecasting monthly sales and identifying new business opportunities.
- Developing positive working relationships and process improvements with dealers to build business.
- Working closely with the marketing department to establish successful support, channel and dealer programs.
- Energetic sales leader with the experience and ability to develop and motivate others.
- Strategic vision with a focus on growth opportunities.
- Proven sales track record in existing as well as new product and/or market environment.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive-level customers/dealers.
- Ability to work collaboratively to create a result driven, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in a multi-cultural business preferably in the international business environment.
- Educational requirement: preference for MBA (major marketing or business).
- At least 15 years sales experience in comparable industries, with minimum 5 years in a sales leadership position with 5+ direct reports.
- Preferred experience in a medical device firm or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with sales methodology, sales funnel management and channel management.
- Experience in deploying and using software applications (Customer Relationship Management) as well as understanding and integrating an ERP system into the sales process.
- Financial acumen with complete understanding of income statements and profit/discount calculations.
- Willing to travel 50 – 60%.This position is based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Please attach resume,
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus, comprehensive benefits package, and tremendous opportunity for upward career growth. For consideration, please click the "Apply Now" button above, upload your resume and fill out the very brief application, which includes your contact info, so we know how to reach you. You can also bookmark our site or subscribe to our RSS feed to receive updates about future opportunities.